Cashback Hacks (Online Groceries)

Sharing my collation of cashback-earning techniques/hacks. Note that I am not a high spender so these hacks are more suitable for middle-income earners and some might even be suitable for lower-income earners. I settle the bills for my whole household and sometimes my parents as well so I am able to meet some of the credit card spending limits for most months.

Online Groceries (Fairprice, Giant, Redmart, Shopee)

  • Live Fresh DBS card (5% Online Spend Category) + Shopback (Cashback)
I do not purchase Shopback vouchers if I want to hit the minimum spending for my Live Fresh card. (I doubt Shopback voucher spending is eligible for Live Fresh card's 5% cashback, but please let me know if you have tried and got cashback!)

Eg. I paid $61.17 worth of groceries from (Fairprice Online) with my Live Fresh card and got 5% credit card cashback and additional $1.58 cashback from Shopback. So total cashback is $4.64. That's 7.59% of my total spending.
  • UOB x Amex Absolute (1.7%) + Shopback (Voucher [payment by Grabpay] + Cashback)
If I have already hit my Live Fresh card limit ($400 for online spends and $600 for minimum spending) then I switch over to this option. It's a good way to earn Grab points too!

Eg. I paid $50 for Fairprice Shopback vouchers with my Grab wallet (which earned me 300 grab points), and $15.92 with my UOB Absolute card which got me 1.7% cashback. This means I spent $65.92 in total and got Shopback cashback of $2 (Shopback voucher cashback) and $1.60 (Shopback click through), and $0.27 credit card cashback. As I used the same credit card for my Grab wallet top-ups, that's an additional $0.85 (assuming $50 grab wallet top-up). So total cashback is $4.72. That's 7.16% of my total spending.

Pretty great right! Fun fact, I got my first $10 shopback cashback from Dee Kosh's referral code. Yep the influencer who went to jail for sexual offences. Anyway if you're new to shopback, you can use my referral code: 2ojDyz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post in a million years

Vegan Dunkin Donuts (Singapore)

2024 New Year Resolutions